Characteristics of Disciplinαm Funds
As a result of our unique Knowledge Based Recommender System (KBRS) MTM Disciplinαm Funds have different characteristics to those of our peers in the traditional long short equity space and vastly different to those offered in the Quant / Systematic world.
Because our KBRS is driving the stock selection as well as the gross and net exposure, the number of open positions can be low and as a result the gross and net exposure is also relatively low historically despite each position being initiated with a weighting of 3.50%
Below are a few facts taken from the MTM Disciplinαm Asian Equity Fund's Stats Pack which is available in our DOWNLOADS area.
- Average Gross Exposure since inception of 82%
- Average Net Exposure since inception of +51%
- Average number of positions open at any one time since inception is 23
- Dividend income accounts for 11% of historic returns since inception
- Average position life since inception is 55 days for a Long position and 35 days for a Short
- Average number of positions initiated per day since inception is 0.70
- Since inception 83% of our returns have come from the Long side with 17% from the Shorts